It's possible to reuse your keratin/fusion hair extensions, but it will take some work. If the hair is still in good shape it's worth the trouble especially if the hair was very expensive.
Below are step-by-step instructions
- Remove fusion hair extensions using Vision Hair Extensions Removal solution. This is the cleanest remover available that will
not leave any residue in the keratin. Vision’s professional removal pliers are excellent
for breaking the keratin.
#1 - Apply 2-3 drops of remover.
#2 - Squeeze keratin with remover pliers
#3 – Add more remover solution as needed
#4 – You will need to squeeze the keratin quite a few times to thoroughly break up the keratin.
#5 - Several extensions can be broken up at the same time if they are grown out. This will save time.
- Carefully remove the extension trying to keep all the hair together. Make a neat pile of hair, keep the different lengths separated.
- Each strand will have some old broken keratin left on the top. Do not cut this off! Use your keratin iron to re-melt the keratin.
- Trim the end after you have re-melted it. Trim only enough to make it neat but leave most of the old keratin.
- Take a small piece of new keratin rebond and melt it onto the old keratin. Do not over melt, just melt it enough to stick.
- Now you can reapply the extensions.
Recommended keratin rebonds:
Seiseta/Euro Socap rebonds – 25 pieces per pack – Each piece should be cut into 2-3 pieces
Super Keratip Rebonds – 250 pieces per pack
Donna Bella Rebonds – 25 pieces per pack – can be cut into 2 pieces
All these rebonds can be purchased at Vision Hair Extensions